The Robinson's

The Robinson's

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Life Interrupted



Life Interrupted, isn't it an interesting idea?  Is life EVER exactly how we plan?   
No, not typically. <---(Too bad though... it would be so easy if it  was!) But that's what makes it life
  

Being an individual with a type "A" personality I struggle when things fall out of my plan or timeline.  In fact, while writing this post I found a page that explained "type A" personalities like this; "they quickly become impatient with delays and unproductive time..." Wow, it might as well have showed my picture next to that definition!  


However, as most of us know our time isn't always aligned with God's clock.  For someone with a "type A" personality, like myself, life can seem completely out of whack when time isn't on our side and plans don't seem to pan out according to our schedule.  This last year has been difficult, to say the least.  My husband and I had a 5 year plan!  5 years!!!  We were going to enjoy being married for 5 years and then start a family!  5 years have come and gone and it was time to start that family.  Lucky us, we were pregnant within a couple of months.  The timing couldn't have been more perfect!   I found out we were expecting on what would have been my beautiful Grandma Mary's 90th birthday and told Tyler the following day, Thanksgiving!  What a wonderful thing to be thankful for!!  We would have a doctor appointment just before our trip home for Christmas with our families where we would have the perfect opportunity to announce the news to everyone in person! However, at our appointment we found out that our baby, only 8 weeks along, had quit growing and was without a heartbeat.  Long story short, we waited out the time to see if we would lose the baby and honestly we were praying for a miracle that the doctor was wrong.  Unfortunately they weren't wrong and Tyler and I lost our first child on the day of our 5th wedding anniversary, just 4 days before Christmas.  Ugh... so much for perfect timing... 


You know what though? Through this difficult time my husband and I have grown closer as a couple and closer to God.  It isn't ideal circumstances and to be honest dealing with a miscarriage and struggling to get pregnant again has been one of the most difficult things I have ever been through emotionally.  So here we are, still trying to start our family.  Right now we don't know what God's perfect plan is for us but we are trying to hold our heads up and hold on to Him for strength, direction while holding on to His promises.  There is one promise I cling tightly to and that is Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 

In times like these when life isn't going according to my plan I have to remember God is the ultimate planner of our lives and he WILL come through!  


Head on over to the Blog Hop to check out other blogs from the "Say Yes to God" study. 
P31 OBS Blog Hop

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, God does have wonderful plans for you! Thank you for sharing your heart today.
    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. I had two miscarriages before I was blessed with my two healthy children. I believe everything happens on God's timing not ours. If I had those babies, I wouldn't have my precious boys I have now. Just know that God's plan is always better then ours even if we don't see it now. You will forever be a mom now and I pray you can find comfort and joy in that. God is taking care of your child until you meet. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your heart and your heartache. Life interrupted yes, but you speak God's truth with Jeremiah 29:11. Hang on to this truth and let Jesus wrap his arms around you. Circle this promise and don't let it go. (Stephanie Solberg OBS Group Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much ladies! Your comments and encouragement mean a lot! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

All Married Cafe

All Married Cafe
The Fun Photobooth