The Robinson's

The Robinson's

Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Soul Longing For More



Why have we become so familiar with God yet so unaware of Him in our everyday life? Why do we not see the divine appointments and lessons in our life as extraordinary and something worth noting? I could spout out numerous instances where God has unquestionably had his hand in situations in our lives. Through those instances we have grown and learned so much.  With God so evident in our lives why don't we see how amazing these everyday appearances are?  As humans we do things everyday to help us accomplish things to make us who we want to be so why not do things everyday to become who God created us to be.  After all, we know what God has for us in exceptionally better than what we could do on our own.  I'm left with the question of what can I actively do daily to seek God's will for my life?  Let me start with a morning quiet time and Bible study.  For me, having a quiet time in the morning is mucho important because it will set the tone for my day!  Also, I need to make it a point to talk to God throughout the day and even more so to listen to what He has to say to me.  I plan to focus on scripture, reading it, dissecting every word and memorizing it, hiding it in my heart so I can use it every day.  I am going to expect to see Him working in my life.  Living purposefully to be the woman He made me to be.      

Here are some words that inspired me:  
"...we have become so familiar with God yet so unaware of Him...Women who say yes to God will see life like few others....because they sense God's presence all around them, all through their day....they pursue the adventure of the moment-by-moment divine lesson and appointments God has in store for them.  They expect to see God, to hear from Him, and to be absolutely filled by His peace and joy-and, therefore, they do and they are."  
-Lysa Terkeurst (What Happens when Women say Yes to God) Page 14
P31 OBS Blog Hop

4 comments:

  1. "...why not do things everyday to become who God created us to be." I LOVE this Jamie!! In just a paragraph you brought up SO many important things. The plan you have set out will definitely send you on the right path to building a deeper relationship with God and being used by Him. Expect to see Him, because you will <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouragement Amber! I am just loving this study and it's amazing how much you can learn in one week if you have good focus! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This study has been absolutely amazing. I have been so blessed by the comments on the study and the posts I have been reading. I am finding that starting my morning with God is crucial for my walk as well. I had a day this week where that didn't work out, and it was SO HARD! :) Loved reading your thoughts Jamie. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Kelly, this study has been amazing and we just started! I'll be praying for you. Thanks so much! I hope you have a blessed upcoming week as well!

      Delete

All Married Cafe

All Married Cafe
The Fun Photobooth