The Robinson's

The Robinson's

Thursday, November 7, 2013

His Goodness Makes Me Good Enough



I most struggle with confidence that I am being a "good enough" Christian.  With that comes the thought of if I am a "good enough" wife and every once in a while if I am a "good enough" friend.  If you asked my husband he could tell you that I often ask questions pertaining to the fact of if I do "enough" or if he feels like I am a "good" wife.  Of course he ALWAYS answers that he thinks I do MORE than enough and he doesn't know why I always ask questions like that.  You know what though; my asking and his answers never seem to quench my feelings.  It never fails that I will always seem to entertain the thought again and ask the same or a similar question once more thinking he may give me a more "honest" answer this time.   

Why do I feel the NEED to be "good enough", I do not know.  I suppose to know that I am accepted and that all that I do is pleasing to others but in reality I know that what matters is what God sees in me.  He sees my heart.  What I should be asking is "are my actions continually glorifying Him?" 

If I could find perfection I wouldn't need Jesus.  God's word tells me that I am a sinner like all other humans.  I may not be perfect but I will always be "good enough" in His eyes.  When I seek him and find that he is working in my life I know that He accepts who I am and that He finds pleasure in seeing me live my life for Him.  Here are a few scriptures I love.  They remind me that when I seek Him and follow His path and if am working toward being who he made me to become I am "good enough."


For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17


God is my strong fortress, and he makes my way perfect. 
2 Samuel 22:33


So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son.  Ephesians 1:7


So when the devil throws me a "You aren't good enough," I will stand tall and say, "You know what, I am not.  But I am loved by the ONE who is!"
P31 OBS Blog Hop

1 comment:

  1. Jamie this is so awesome! I always wonder if I am being "good enough." I let doubt whisper to me too many times that I am not. I love they way you put it though that if we were perfect we wouldn't need Jesus. Oh how I do need him! I could never survive one day without him. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

All Married Cafe

All Married Cafe
The Fun Photobooth